Say good-bye to drying soaps and expensive creams. Say hello to clean, radiant skin. This traditional Indian homemade cleanser is good for all skin types. It removes excess oil, gently exfoliates, and leaves your skin soft and glowing. Easy, hypoallergenic and economical, it is made of gluten-free flours, orange peel powder, and optional essential oil. Your cleansing regimen is an important factor in determining skin beauty. Many soaps and cleansers are drying, and most have chemical additives that actually damage the skin. Other factors that affect skin health are your diet, emotions, lung health (oxygenation), and blood circulation.
For more information on how to heal your skin to keep it young and supple, take a peek at my healing practice: Five Seasons Medicine. If you’re in Santa Fe, come over to experience a relaxing Deep Skin Beauty Treatment personalized for your Dosha and skin type. This session is 100% tailored to your unique health and beauty needs. I use kinesiology and energy medicine to check your current beauty products in or allergies with your body chemistry, dissolve emotions affecting your skin, and show you simple Ayurvedic facial techniques to clean and hydrate your skin. Say good-bye to allergenic skin products! This recipe makes 1 3/4 cups dry mix, which lasts 2-4 months.
To dry mix: Whisk together oat or barley flour, almond meal, and orange peel powder. Easy!
- 1 cup barley or oat flour, as fresh a possible
- 1/2 cup almond meal, as fresh as possible
- 1/4 cup orange or lemon peel powder
- A few teaspoons of milk, yogurt, or water
- 1 drop essential oil: lavender, geranium, juniper, frankincense (optional)
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Store it dry in a glass jar.
- Before using, put 1-2 tablespoons dry mix into a small cup. Add a teaspoon or so of liquid and mix with fingers into a paste. Add essential oil, if using.
- Put the paste on a washcloth. Use as face and body scrub in shower or bath. Enjoy the glow!