Creamy and irresistible with orgasmic chocolate cherry swirls, this looks like a cheesecake, tastes like a cheesecake, but has no cheese in it. Instead of cream cheese, it is made of coconut milk, coconut butter, and lemon. Raw, Paleo, Vegan, Dairy-free and sugar-free, it will not raise blood sugar or cause weight gain if you use the suggested non-glycemic sweeteners. Yay! You will need a food processor to make the crust. For the cheesecake filling, a super-blender is quick, however you can also use a food processor or standard blender perfectly well. Makes one 9 to 10-inch cheesecake. Enjoy!
Chill for 4 hours or so, to allow it to thicken like this.
Garnish with cherry berry sauce and chocolate drizzles!
- 1 1/2 cups Brazil nuts
- 2/3 cups sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 1/2 tablespoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1/2 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1/4 cup pure cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 - 2 tablespoons water (If your sweetener is liquid, skip this)
- 6 - 8 ounces sour cherries, fresh or frozen
- 6 ounces raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup Tart Cherry Concentrate (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 1/2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1/3 cup sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 tablespoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1/4 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons boiling filtered water
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (place the container in a bowl of lukewarm water)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons pure cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cups thick coconut milk, such as Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk, or Native Forest organic Full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups sweetener such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 3 1/3 tablespoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 7/8 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- Pulp of 2 lemons, peeled, sliced, and seeded
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 200 grams coconut butter (about 7/8 cup if it's soft)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot (place the container in a bowl of lukewarm water)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agar flakes (or 1/2 tablespoon agar powder)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (to dissolve the agar)
- In a food processor, add all crust ingredients. Process briefly, until the nuts are quite finely chopped, and the mixture sticks together in your hand. With your fingers or a spatula, press it into a 9 - 10-inch springform pan or pie pan. Chill.
- Set aside 2/3 cups of mixed berries and cherries, for garnish. In a small size blender, puree the remaining berries, cherries, and other swirl ingredients. Blend well and set aside in the blender.
- In a small heatproof cup whisk together the sweetener, boiling water, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until smooth and the sweetener is dissolved. Add the cacao, stir until smooth, and set aside.
- In a standard-size blender add 1 1/2 cups coconut milk, sweetener, lemon pulp, vanilla, and salt. Blend well until as smooth as possible. Add the coconut butter and coconut oil, and blend until smooth.
- To thicken: In a shallow nonstick pan, mix the agar into 3/4 cup coconut milk. Turn the heat on medium low. Heat slowly and stir gently until it is bubbling and gummy. If you’re using agar powder, this will happen very quickly. If you’re using agar flakes you need to let it bubble over very low heat for 2 minutes until the flakes begin to dissolve. Heat very slowly over low heat or the coconut milk may separate. Then add the cooked agar mixture to the blender immediately and blend well to remove any lumps. Pour the filling into the chilled crust.
- Now for the fun part - Making the swirl! Pour a thin stream of the Cherry Berry Swirl liquid in a big zigzag on the white filling, using about half of the filling. Then make another big zigzag across the cheesecake with the chocolate swirl, using all of it. With a small spatula or a table knife, dip down into the cheesecake filling (but not enough to break the crust underneath), making circular motions or Infinity signs. Briefly make your designs all around the surface of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate 3-5 hours until it is firm. I do not cover it, as I don't want to disturb the design. If your pie pan has a high rim, it is good if you can cover it with a plate, as covering keeps it from absorbing odors. The agar will thicken within about 30 minutes, and the coconut filling will firm up in the cold. You can chill it faster in the freezer for 1/2 to 1 hour, however be careful as freezing it completely will make it too hard to slice and serve.
- To serve, stir the fruit you set aside into the remaining cherry berry swirl. Serve as a sauce on top of the cheesecake. Enjoy!