That’s right, it’s blue! Once in a blue mousse, you discover something so fabulous that it jump-starts your day in 2 minutes! This creamy blueberry mousse gives you everything you need – smooth texture and great flavor for vital health. It’s instant – just blend and enjoy immediately! Use it as an afternoon pick-me-up or easy dessert. The thick texture comes from natural pectin in blueberries; and the rich creaminess comes from blended avocado. Blueberries are loaded with healthy polyphenols known as anthocyanins, powerful antioxidants that neutralize free radicals in the body. Anthocyanins are what makes blueberries blue in color. To enjoy 125 more low-carb, mouth-watering Paleo recipes, order my new book, Paleo Desserts. Makes 2 large servings or 4 small ones.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, or 1 cup if frozen
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional)
- 6 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener (not Baking), or your favorite sweetener.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch unprocessed salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- In any blender, add milk, lemon juice, blueberries, coconut oil, sweetener, vanilla, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the avocado last and blend well.
- Pour into serving glasses. Enjoy immediately for the most beautiful blue color. The color will fade slightly over time, but it will still be delicious!