That’s right, it’s blue! Once in a blue mousse, you discover something so fabulous that it jump-starts your day in 2 minutes. This creamy blueberry mousse gives you everything you need – vital health, smooth texture and great flavor. It’s instant – just blend and enjoy immediately! Enjoy as a morning smoothie, an afternoon pick-me-up or easy dessert. The thick texture comes from natural pectin in blueberries and the rich creaminess comes from blended avocado. Blueberries are loaded with healthy polyphenols known as anthocyanins, powerful antioxidants that neutralize free radicals in the body. Anthocyanins are what makes blueberries blue in color. For more low-carb, mouth-watering Paleo recipes, check out my book Paleo Desserts. Makes 2 large servings or 4 small ones.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, or 1 cup if frozen
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional)
- Sweeten to taste: 4 - 6 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 - 3 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2- 4 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch unprocessed salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- In any blender, add milk, lemon juice, blueberries, coconut oil, sweetener, vanilla, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the avocado last and blend well.
- Pour into serving glasses. Enjoy immediately for the most beautiful blue color. The color will fade slightly over time, but it will still be delicious!
“My own prescription for health is less paperwork and more running barefoot through the grass.” Leslie Grimutter