I can’t live without blueberry pancakes. These are gluten-free, grain-free, quick and delicious. Paleo pancakes taste fantastic with Berrylicious Sauce, and you can make the whole breakfast in 15 minutes or less. Scrumptious and low-carb, you can embellish them with your favorite pancake toppings. You’ll need a food processor. Makes 12 pancakes. Serves 4.
- 1 cup Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener (not Baking.)
- 1 1/3 cups medium-shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 6 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon plus a pinch unprocessed salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (coconut milk, hemp milk, almond milk, etc.)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or 3/4 cup frozen and very well drained)
- Prepare Berrylicious Sauce or your favorite pancake toppings.
- In a dry food processor fitted with the “S” blade, grind the sweetener to a fine powder.
- Add the shredded coconut to the sweetener in the food processor. Spin it for a minute until a very fine powder. Open the lid, stir the bottom, replace the lid, and grind again until the powder is uniformly fine.
- To the ingredients in the food processor, add the arrowroot powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over low heat. Check that it is ready by flicking a drop of water onto it and hear it sizzle.
- Add to the dry ingredients in the food processor: eggs, vanilla, and non-dairy milk. Process briefly. Slightly lumpy batter is no problem. Add blueberries to the batter and mix briefly by hand with a rubber spatula.
- Pour a few tablespoons of batter onto the griddle for the first pancake so it is 2 to 4 inches in diameter. I like to use the first pancake to adjust the griddle temperature so it’s perfect before making them all.