This creamy avocado sauce goes well with just about any salad, vegetable, bread, or meat. Today I’m spreading it on a Flourless Blender Bread sandwich. Lusciously smooth and bursting with flavor, this thick spread reminds me of a Mexican spicy guacamole or mayo married to a Middle-Eastern sesame tahini. Yum! Just blend and serve. It’s infinitely versatile. Make a 5-minute meal with Zoodles Quick & Easy. Or enjoy as a snack on Paleo Onion Herb Crackers.
Avocado helps to optimize brain function, and is sometimes called the world’s most perfect food. Avocado has also been found to help prevent Alzheimer’s, cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Sesame seeds and tahini are a tasty source of fiber, copper, manganese, and many other minerals. Lime adds refreshing zest, vitamin C, and enhanced immune boosting power. Toasted sesame oil gives a hint of Asian flavor, and is optional. Makes 1 1/2 cups sauce. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk or water, or more if needed
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame tahini
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon unprocessed salt and some black pepper
- 1 large handful parsley or cilantro including stems (or spinach)
- 1 large clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sweetener to taste, optional
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, optional
- 1/2 avocado
- Place all ingredients except the avocado into a small blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the avocado and blend again. This will make the dressing wonderfully thick. If it is too thick, add a bit more water or coconut milk. Serve!