Heavenly flavor, indescribable bliss, like a Paleo dream bar, layered with luscious slices of peach. It’s a simple 3-part recipe – a nutty crust, blended cashew-peach filling, and sliced peaches on top. The combination tastes divine, looks beautiful, easy to make, and 100% raw with no baking needed. My guests were moaning with pleasure, and someone actually set their cell phone in the center of my living room to record the genuine sound effects while we ate dessert. Meaning it’s pretty yummy! Fresh peaches are a delight when in season, but frozen peaches are wonderful too. This crust is super-quick in a food processor. To make the filling velvety smooth, a super-blender is a great help; a food processor does well if you process for 2 minutes ; and a normal blender will also work fine if you’re patient and scrape the sides occasionally until it is smooth. Makes one 9-inch tart, serves 8. Enjoy!
Press the crust evenly into a tart shell or pie pan.
- 1 1/2 cups nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, soaked and toasted if possible. (See All About Nuts)
- 3 tablespoons sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 ½ teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 2 tablespoons filtered water, if needed to make a pliable texture
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 2-3 hours in:
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, as thick as possible from the top of the can
- 2/3 cup sweetener to taste, such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 tablespoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1/2 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 1/2 whole lemons or 2 whole limes, peeled, sliced, and seeded
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, softened, or 113 g if solid. (to soften, place the container in a bowl of lukewarm water)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened but not hot
- 1/8 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 peach, coarsely chopped
- 3-4 fresh peaches, sliced thin
- In a food processor, add the nuts, sweetener, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Mix well until it resembles a paste. If your nuts are dry you may need to add a bit of water a tablespoon at a time to reach a pliable consistency.
- Press into a 9-inch pie pan and chill briefly while you make the filling.
- In any blender or food processor, add cashews, coconut milk, sweetener, lemon or lime, vanilla, coconut oil, salt, and peach. Blend very well until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into crust and chill for 3 hours. You can speed this up by freezing for 30 minutes. But don’t freeze it solid, or it will be too hard to slice.
- Top with sliced peaches in layers starting from the outside, spiraling inward to the center. Cover and chill before serving.