The easiest and most flavorful chicken I ever tasted, with just 5 ingredients. Yup, it tastes like fried chicken, except it’s oven-baked and healthy, perfect for every-body, including alternative diets. Look for non-GMO or organic chicken for the best flavor and healthier birds. This chicken tastes amazing with Instant Red Sauce! Oh, and try one of the sexy variations below with ginger, lemon zest, lemon juice, herbs and spices. Serves 2 hungry people. If you’re serving more, just multiply the recipe, dip, and bake!
- 2 pieces chicken: 2 half breasts, or two large thighs with skin
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1 clove garlic, pressed in a garlic press
- 1/4 cup almond meal or your favorite organic gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes as dry coating
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg, salt, and garlic. Add almond meal, stir well into a paste. Place 1/2 cup shredded coconut on a small plate.
- Dip each chicken piece into egg mixture to coat evenly. Then roll each piece in the shredded coconut to cover. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes, or until liquid runs clear when poked with a knife. Turn over after about 25 minutes to bake evenly.
- Add to the dip one or more of the following: Zest of one lemon and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary, 1 teaspoon dry oregano, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon dry basil.