Quick and easy “melt in your mouth” biscuits are perfect for holiday dinner. Paleo, free of gluten, grains, dairy, sugar, and processed ingredients, no one will ever guess they’re “alternative”. Herbs, onion, and garlic impart a vibrant, savory flavor. Add your favorite herbs – I used parsley, sage, and basil – yummy! If you have a food processor you can make these in about 20 minutes. Serve piping hot with organic butter or Paleo Butter. Makes about 20 biscuits.
Hot out of the oven!
Ooooh, they taste yummy with Paleo Butter!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped (about 90 grams)
- 2 large eggs (110 grams out of the shell)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or red palm oil, for a beautiful yellow color)
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) coconut butter
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal or flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup fresh diced herbs such as sage, basil, parsley, oregano, rosemary, tarragon (or 2 tablespoons dry herbs)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Turn on the food processor with the "S"blade. Add the garlic and onion through the feed chute, and watch them be diced instantly! Add the remaining wet ingredients: eggs, vinegar, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, coconut oil, and coconut butter. Process well until liquefied.
- To the ingredients in the food processor, add the almond meal, arrowroot, and baking soda. Process briefly. Last of all, pulse in the herbs, briefly so they're not mush.
- Drop 1 1/2-inch biscuits with a spoon onto the baking sheets.
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes until barely golden brown on the edges. Serve hot!