Granola is a delicious breakfast or a healthy snack. But where can you find granola that’s fresh and doesn’t send your blood sugar through the roof? This granola is tastier than anything you can buy in a store. If you use the suggested zero-carb natural sweeteners, it will go easy on your blood sugar. Gluten-free rolled oats is available in most healthy groceries, or buy online from Bob’s Red Mill. Store granola in a sealed container at room temperature for 3 weeks, or several months in the refrigerator. Makes about 10 cups yummy, healthy cereal.
- 1/2 cup filtered water (If you're using honey, omit the water)
- 1 1/4 cups Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 3 1/3 tablespoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3 cups nuts, soaked if possible (See All About Nuts) (almonds, cashews, coconut, sunflower, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted -optional (Put the jar in a bowl of lukewarm water)
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Cover 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the water, sweetener, and vanilla. Stir briefly until sweetener dissolves.
- Add to the mixing bowl the oats, nuts, coconut flakes, almond meal, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the optional coconut oil over the top and mix again.
- Spread on cookie sheets and bake 40 – 45 minutes. Stir the granola and turn the tray every 10 minutes. Cool for 30 min. Store in a tightly covered container. Yum!