This creamy Vegan spread is a great snack or appetizer! Smooth and tart, it tastes just like cream cheese, except it is dairy-free, made with coconut butter and lemon juice. Use your favorite herbs – I used fresh dill and parsley. It’s also yummy with basil, sage, and cilantro on Pumpernickel No-Rye Bread! Try it with Gluten-free Herb Crackers, or No-Cheese Crackers. It can be a dip for veggies, or anything you’d use cream cheese for. Just blend, chill and serve. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, medium to thick
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt to taste
- 1 clove fresh garlic, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup Coconut butter (170 g.)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pure Vitamin-C crystals (Optional. Look for pure Ascorbic Acid, NOT Calcium Ascorbate in the supplements section of any healthy grocery)
- 1/4 cup finely minced herbs such as basil, chives, green onions, cilantro, parsley, or dill
- In any style blender, add coconut milk, lemon juice, vinegar, Vitamin C, salt, and garlic. Blend until smooth. Add the coconut butter last and blend until smooth.
- Put it into a bowl and stir in the herbs by hand.
- Serve immediately, or chill 2 hours to thicken.