Quick to blend, this creamy vegan mayo is healthier and tastier than oil based store-bought mayonnaise. You’ll want to spread it on everything! It’s non-GMO, Paleo, low-fat, with no stabilizers, canola, trans-fats, or sugar. And it tastes fabulicious. Cashews make a wonderfully smooth base for mayo. And cashews are low in fat compared to other nuts. Yay!I suggest blending the lemon with the pulp when possible. It’s easy – just cut away the peel with a serrated knife, slice, seed with the tip of a knife, and pop it in the blender. Or you can juice the lemon. I didn’t soak the cashews, and it still came out perfectly smooth in my little personal blender. Makes about 1 1/2 cups vegan mayonnaise.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 1-4 hours, if you wish (soaking is optional)
- 1 large lemon, peeled, sliced, and seeded (about 84 grams)
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup filtered water as needed to blend
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (optional)
- In a small blender or immersion blender with cup, blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.