This invigorating, creamy milkshake is a great way to wake up! Matcha green tea powder is a potent superfood with polyphenols and anti-oxidant catechins that improve brain function, bring mental clarity, and boost your entire immune system. Well, I feel great now! Top quality Ceremonial Grade Matcha, will be the least bitter. Culinary Matcha is also excellent.Avocado gives a super-creamy texture. Bee pollen is a sacred superfood from honeybees that contains nearly all nutrients required by humans, including protein and B vitamins. Maca root from the Andes is a natural hormone balancer for both men and women. Avocado gives you smooth skin and protects from cardiovascular disease. Coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) that can boost metabolism to help weight control. Lauric acid in coconut oil supports the immune system’s ability to defend from pathogens. Protein powder makes this even thicker, however it is optional. I’m almost ready for the Olympics now! Serves 2.
Matcha tea powder is a time-honored tradition in Japan. A rich source of vitamin A, B-complex, C, E, K, minerals, and amino acids, Matcha is also a powerful anti-oxidant.
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large avocado or 2 small ones
- 3 tablespoons sweetener (to taste) such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 1/2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Organic Matcha powder, Ceremonial or Culinary grade.
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen granules
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of your favorite protein powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- small handful fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maca powder, optional
- Place the ingredients into any blender or food processor. Mix until smooth and creamy. If it is too thick to pour add a bit more liquid and mix again. Or if it is super-thick you can always eat it with a spoon! Enjoy!