A fabulicious side dish, this easy cauliflower rice is tasty and low in carbs so it won’t go to your waistline. Make it in just 5 minutes, far quicker and much healthier than rice. Its deep, satisfying flavor tastes something like Cajun dirty rice, except it is milder and nightshade-free, Hooray! Try it with Cruciferous Veggie Stir-fry!
Cauliflower is loaded with nutritional benefits. It’s a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, and pantothenic acid. Nutrient-dense pecans have a delicious nutty flavor when lightly toasted. Even better, they contain over 19 vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin E, folic acid, calcium, and magnesium. Serves 2.
- 1/2 head raw cauliflower
- 1/4 cup boiling filtered water, or a bit more if needed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, soaked and toasted if possible (See All About Nuts)
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon unprocessed salt to taste
- Quite a bit of black pepper
- To rice the cauliflower, cut into florets. Place in a food processor and process with the "S" blade until even rice-sized pieces. Don't process it too long or it will be mush.
- Place riced cauliflower into a saucepan with all the other ingredients: boiling water, cumin, oil, nuts, coconut aminos, salt and pepper. Heat over medium low heat 2-3 minutes until heated all the way through, and the cauliflower is pleasantly soft like rice. Stir occasionally to keep from burning on the bottom. Serve!