Everybody loves tacos! But where do you find a Paleo taco without GMO corn, cheese, beans, or sour cream? That’s why these Paleo Breakfast Tacos are truly a miracle. I promise you they taste fabulicious, and anyone can make them. Start with my easy Paleo Tortillas recipe. Then fill them with scrambled pasture eggs, fresh greens, grated carrot, chopped cilantro, Tomato Salsa, and – my amazing new creation: Spicy Cheese Sauce that’s Paleo, Vegan, and 100% dairy free! See the recipe below. Whew! What a meal! This is a basic vegetarian taco. Sausage is optional, for folks that eat meat. Tomato salsa is optional – skip it if you’re avoiding nightshades like me. Fill the taco shells with these yummy Paleo fillings and enjoy! Makes 8 tacos, serves 4 persons.
To fold the flat tortillas, bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes in an upside-down muffin tin.
Baking is WAY healthier than frying. Or you can make flat tacos.
I can personally attest, these tacos were fabulcious! I got to eat this whole plateful. ¡Ay, caramba!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, for a cheese flavor
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed or chopped
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 medium carrot, finely grated, preferably micro-planed, for a gorgeous cheddar cheese color!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili power, optional, this contains nightshades.
- 6 medium tomatoes, about 775 grams (Fresh is way better than canned.)
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, in large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, optional, contains nightshades.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Handful fresh greens (I used baby arugula)
- 1 grated carrot
- 12 ounces natural sausage or chorizo. (I used Mulay’s sausage which has no nitrites, MSG, sugar, or soy)
- 6 large eggs (See The Best Eggs are Pasture-raised Organic)
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- Handful chopped cilantro
- Paleo Sour Cream, optional (this easy recipe is coming soon)
- Make one recipe of Paleo Tortillas. If you’re serving 4 persons 2 tacos each, divide the dough into 8 sections, press, and cook. If you want the tortillas to be folded, then bake them at 400 degrees in an upside-down cupcake pan and bake for 10 minutes (See photo). Or you can make your tacos flat.
- Add to a food processor: tomatoes, green onions, garlic, salt, chili powder, and ground cumin. Pulse briefly until tomatoes are in pieces, without turning them into mush. Pour into a serving bowl. Season to taste.
- In a small blender, add: coconut milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, mustard, coconut butter, grated carrot, coconut oil, cumin, and chili powder, if using. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a serving pitcher and keep it at room temperature. (Not in the refrigerator, as it will harden like butter.)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Whisk until fluffy. Add salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil to a frying pan, and scramble the eggs.
- Fry the sausage in a pan. Or you can mix sausage and eggs together. Yum!
- Get out individual serving plates, or one large platter, or arrange your fillings buffet-style. Assemble the tacos any way you like. I layered mine like this: Tortilla, greens, grated carrot, sausage, scrambled eggs, chopped cilantro. Tomato salsa would be next, if you're using it. Drizzle Spicy Cheese Sauce over everything. I'll say it again - ¡Ay, caramba!