I can’t keep my finger out of this Caesar dressing – it’s that good! We know there’s something magical about 100% natural ingredients like olive oil, lemon and garlic that make Caesar dressing irresistible. But this Paleo dressing is also Vegan, free of anchovies, eggs and dairy! It tastes just like authentic Parmigiano Reggiano dressing. Instead of cheese, it uses lemon, nutritional yeast and coconut butter. It’s so delicious, you won’t believe it till you try it. Easy to make, just blend and pour on your salad. Nuts are optional. Serves 6
- 4-6 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 lemons, peeled, sliced and seeded, or 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Vitamin-C crystals (Optional for a sharp cheese flavor. Buy in supplements section of any grocery)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup filtered water ( or a bit more if necessary to thin at the end)
- 1/4 cup Coconut butter (not coconut oil)
- Optional sweetener: about 2 teaspoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1/4 teaspoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1 1/2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional) soaked and crisped if possible. (See All About Nuts.)
- 1/4 cup anchovies
- For the dressing: Put all dressing ingredients into any blender or food processor, except the olive oil. Mix well until smooth.
- Blend and pour olive oil in slowly while blending until smooth. Thin if necessary with a few tablespoons filtered water. The dressing is finished.
- Prepare romaine leaves in large bite-sized pieces. Place them in a large salad bowl.
- Pour Caesar dressing over the salad and toss to coat leaf. Garnish with optional nuts and anchovies if desired. Buon appetito!