Finally, here’s a Paleo mayo recipe that is delicious, healthy, and soy-free! Instead of vegetable oils, it contains coconut and olive oils. It tastes fantastic on salads or vegetables. It’s also a Vegan Mayo. As an egg-free mayonnaise, it’s perfect for picnics or packed lunches, as it can sit out of the refrigerator all day with no worries. And it’s instant so you can use it immediately. It won’t give you any sugar rush, not even a little, as it’s sweetened with Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener. Or use your favorite sweetener. This Paleo mayonnaise gets its creamy thick texture from solid oils. It is delicious in chicken salad, egg salad, or on crackers. You’ll want to spread it on everything! Stores in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week or more. You’ll need a food processor. Makes 1 1/2 cups homemade mayonnaise.
(*) Note: Coconut oil is very temperature sensitive, and it liquifies at 78 °F. This homemade mayo works best in cold dishes that are cooler than room temperature (68 – 70°F). It won’t work on a warm summer day, or with warm foods. Anything warmer than 78 °F will give you watery mayo. You can substitute palm oil, which is temperature stable up to 93° F.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons live apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener (not Baking), or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unprocessed salt
- 1/2 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or palm oil at room temperature
- In a food processor, mix lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, sweetener, and salt.
- While mixing, add the olive oil slowly through the hole in the top.
- Open the food processor and add the solid coconut or palm oil. Mix until smooth and creamy. Process as briefly as possible to keep the mixture from heating up. Then it will be thick enough to use immediately.
- Pour into a bowl or jar and cover. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator up to one week.