The best lemon chicken recipe is not too lemony, just the right flavor, with garlic, lemon and herbs! This Paleo-style lemon chicken is super easy to make – just mix the marinade, lightly coat with an almond flour mix, and bake. Of course it’s gluten-free and grain-free. There’s nothing else to do, and it’s ready in 45 minutes. Serves 4.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, pastured organic if possible
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced herbs: thyme, rosemary, basil, sage, or tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup almond meal or flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour (optional, it binds the coating to stay on the chicken)
- 1/2 tablespoon unprocessed salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless organic, pasture-raised, sliced in half (4 pieces)
- Thinly sliced lemons
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass pan with coconut oil.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the olive oil, egg, garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix together well.
- In another shallow bowl, mix the almond meal, arrowroot, salt, and pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry. Dip each piece into the marinade and then in the flour mix. Cover it completely with flour. Place in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake uncovered about 45 minutes or until internal temperature is 170-180º. Turn it gently every 15 minutes so it cooks evenly and browns a bit on the top.