This flavorful mélange will make any salad irresistible. It’s so easy, just blend fresh lemon with herbs. I love this dressing with crispy Rainbow Salad. Pumpkin seeds contain free-radical scavenging phytosterols that – yes – make you sexy! Flaxseed oil adds Omega-3 nutrition. Raw garlic gives flavor and anti-bacterial properties. For a high-protein boost, I used grass-fed Redwood Hill Farms Goat Yogurt, available in most groceries. Goat milk is easier to digest than cows milk, because the protein molecules are shorter. When fermented, its proteins are broken down, so goat yogurt becomes MUCH more digestible for those who are dairy intolerant. If you’re avoiding all dairy, just use your favorite Coconut Milk or Homemade Coconut Yogurt.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention, the anti-cancer properties! This recipe is inspired by the discoveries of Dr. Johana Budwig, famous German cancer physician, who was 7 times Nobel Prize nominee for her 95% success rate healing cancer. How did she do it? Well, she discovered a powerful formula for treating and preventing cancer with flaxseed oil combined with fermented milk (yogurt). Dr. Budwig’s ground-breaking research has long been a guide for healers, and everyone needs her book “The Oil Protein Cookbook”. I’m a huge admirer of her work, and this yummy dressing is the result. You can make it in minutes in any blender, and store in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Use any leftover dressing on veggies, meats, or as a dip. Makes 1 cup.
- 1 lemon or 2 limes, peeled, sliced and seeded
- 1/2 cup grass-fed goat yogurt, or Homemade Coconut Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 1 clove garlic
- large handful fresh parsley or basil
- Unprocessed salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (omit these if you're avoiding nuts)
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano or dill
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, if desired
- Place all ingredients into any blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour on salad.
- Enjoy delicious flavor and beautiful health!