Heavenly flavor, indescribable joy, a refreshing Paleo dream-bar pie, that looks complicated but isn’t. This 3-part recipe includes a nutty crust, gooey blended cashew-peach filling, and sliced peaches on top. Simple. The combination tastes divine, looks beautiful, easy to make, and 100% raw with no baking needed. Like all my desserts, there’s no harmful sugar spike or risk of weight gain if you use the suggested non-glycemic sweeteners. My guests were moaning with pleasure, and my friend Tyler actually recorded them while we ate dessert. Ha Ha! Meaning it’s pretty yummy! Fresh peaches are a delight when in season, but frozen peaches are wonderful too. The nutty pie crust is super-quick in a food processor. To make the filling velvety smooth, it’s best to soak the cashews for at least an hour. A super-blender is very helpful, although a food processor will work just fine if you process for two minutes. A normal blender will also work fine if you’re patient, stop and scrape the sides occasionally until it is smooth. If you end up with a few lumps, enjoy them. Makes one 9-inch tart, serves 8. Try it!
Press the crust evenly into a tart shell or pie pan.
Layer the peach slices starting from the outer edge, spiraling into the center.
Finish spiraling the peach slices into the center. Optional garnish with a mint leaf.
Slice and OMG….
- 1 1/2 cups nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, soaked and toasted if possible. (See All About Nuts)
- 3 tablespoons sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 ½ teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 2 tablespoons filtered water, if needed to make a pliable texture
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 2-3 hours in:
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, as thick as possible from the top of the can
- 2/3 cup sweetener to taste, such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 tablespoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1/2 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 1/2 whole lemons or 2 whole limes, peeled, sliced, and seeded
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, softened, or 113 g if solid. (to soften, place the container in a bowl of lukewarm water)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened but not hot
- 1/8 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 peach, coarsely chopped
- 3-4 fresh peaches, sliced thin
- In a food processor, add the nuts, sweetener, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Mix well until it resembles a paste. If your nuts are dry you may need to add a bit of water a tablespoon at a time to reach a pliable consistency.
- Press into a 9-inch pie pan and chill briefly while you make the filling.
- In any blender or food processor, add cashews, coconut milk, sweetener, lemon or lime, vanilla, coconut oil, salt, and peach. Blend very well until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into crust and chill for 3 hours. You can speed this up by freezing for 30 minutes. But don’t freeze it solid, or it will be too hard to slice.
- Top with sliced peaches in layers starting from the outside, spiraling inward to the center. Cover and chill before serving.