Smooth and creamy with a subtle cheese flavor, this dip tastes fantastic on crackers or raw vegetables. The “cream cheese” is dairy-free, made with coconut and lemon. Seaweed is loaded with delicious flavor and healthy minerals, B-vitamin folate, magnesium, iron, and calcium. We often don’t get enough of it in our diet, so I take every opportunity to add it. This dip is easy to make – just blend it and stir in the softened seaweed. You can vary this recipe a hundred ways. Try it on Makes 1 1/2 cups dip.
Vegan Cream Cheese Dip with Seaweed
- 1 cup thick unsweetened coconut milk, such as Thai Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin-C crystals (Find in supplements section of any healthy grocery)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener (not Baking.)
- 1/2 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons dry seaweed – Hijiki or wakame
- In any style blender, add coconut milk, lemon juice, vinegar, Vitamin C, garlic, mustard, sweetener, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut butter and blend until smooth.
- Put it into a bowl. Add dill and seaweed. Stir well by hand.
- Garnish with dill. Serve immediately, or chill 2 hours to thicken.
©Copyright Jane Barthelemy 2012
No Replies to "Vegan Cream Cheese Dip with Seaweed"