Every dessert deserves a crowning touch. Here’s a luscious whipped cream topping you can make in 1 minute, using full-fat canned coconut milk. This topping is Vegan, Paleo, dairy-free. I think it’s tastier than whipped cream or any store-bought substitute. Just chill a can of thick, full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Use it to garnish your desserts in moments. Makes about 2/3 cup coconut whipped topping. Find more Paleo sweets in my book Paleo Desserts, or visit my website PaleoDesserts.com!
- 1 (14-ounce) can very thick unsweetened coconut milk, full fat, such as Native Forest organic Full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 3/4 teaspoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1 tablespoon raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill the coconut milk in the can for 8 hours or overnight, until it thickens into a lovely cream. (Better yet, keep a can in the fridge at all times!)
- Open the can and poke a hole in the top cream with a spoon. Pour off the thin milk from the bottom to use in something else. Stir in the sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Serve!
- If your coconut cream is lumpy, you can make it velvety smooth by whizzing it in a small blender or an immersion blender with cup.