The most delicious chocolate cake you’ll ever eat is made with 100% Paleo ingredients on the caveman hunt & gather diet! This is so easy! It’s a rich Chocolate Cake with Mocha ButterCream Frosting.
Here’s how to make it:
For the cake:
- 1 3/4 cups granulated Paleo sweetener – A fine grind Paleo sweetener is best, such as Just Like Sugar chicory root (Buy at some Whole Foods Markets or justlikesugarinc.com) or a fine grind Xyli-Pure by Jarrow. (Buy at some Whole Foods Markets or amazon.com)
- 1 3/4 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp each baking soda, baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup blueberries raw or frozen, well drained, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 apples, peeled and cored (275 grams)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp decaffeinated coffee crystals (optional)
- SteviaClear drops to sweeten to taste if desired
- To make cake: Preheat oven to 325° F. Cut parchment paper to line 3 8-inch round cake pans, to cover the bottoms.
- In a dry food processor with “S blade” or a high speed blender, spin the sweetener several times until it is a very fine powder. You may want to open the machine and stir, for a finer grind.
- Add coconut to food processor. Spin to a very fine powder. Open the machine and stir several times to grind very fine.
- Add cacao, baking soda, baking powder, salt and arrowroot. Mix well until fully combined. Put this dry mixture into a large bowl.
- In a food processor or any blender, liquefy until smooth: eggs, blueberries, apples, vanilla, coffee crystals.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture. Mix briefly with a whisk to remove lumps. Sweeten to taste with 6 to 20 drops liquid SteviaClear if desired. (Paleo sweeteners vary. For example, Xylitol is sweeter than JustLikeSugar.) Pour batter into 3 cake pans dividing it evenly, and smooth flat. Bake 35-40 minutes.
- 1/3 cup Paleo sweetener
- 1/2 cup pecans (or shredded coconut)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1/2 orange
To Prepare Raspberry Filling:
- In a small blender or any blender, grind pecans (or shredded unsweetened coconut) together with sweetener until fine. Put into a small mixing bowl.
- Press the raspberries to drain all liquid out. Put raspberries into the same blender and liquefy them.
- Pour raspberries into a medium strainer sitting on your bowl of nuts, stirring them with a rubber scraper to strain the seeds, and allow the pulp to pass through.
- Add vanilla and orange zest to the bowl, whisking briskly to remove any lumps.
Filling is ready!