For a quick breakfast or a snack, there’s nothing like a creamy parfait. Use your favorite berries – today I used blueberries, raspberries and black elderberries. This is yummy with Easy Homemade Coconut Yogurt, coconut kefir or goat yogurt.Kefir and yogurt are easy to assimilate, as the proteins are mostly digested by healthy bacteria. I added a dash of vanilla and optional sweetener. Today I used sprouted, toasted organic almonds. This is an easy breakfast or snack. It serves two, but I ate them both!
- 1 1/2 cups Homemade Coconut Yogurt, or plain, unsweetened coconut kefir, or goat kefir or yogurt, if tolerated.
- Optional sweetener: 2-4 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 - 2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1 tablespoon raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 2 teaspoons lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nuts, soaked and crisped if possible. (See All About Nuts)
- 1 cup fresh tart mixed berries that are naturally low in sugars, unsweetened, such as blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, raspberries, elderberries, gooseberries, black currants, or wild strawberries
- Whisk the kefir, optional sweetener, lime juice, and vanilla.
- Wash the berries and drain well. Then sprinkle a layer of berries into the bottom of 2 tall glasses.
- Add a layer of nuts.
- Cover with a layer of kefir.
- Repeat with another layer of each: berries, nuts, and kefir.
- Top with berries, nuts.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves if you have them. Enjoy!