For a quick breakfast or a snack, there’s nothing like a creamy parfait. Use your favorite berries – today I used blueberries, raspberries and black elderberries. This is yummy with Easy Homemade Coconut Yogurt. I don’t tolerate cow dairy well, however I can digest coconut kefir or yogurt.I can also do goat yogurt of kefir. Kefir and yogurt are easy to assimilate, as the proteins are mostly digested by healthy bacteria. I added a dash of vanilla and optional sweetener. Today I used sprouted, toasted organic almonds. This is an easy breakfast or snack. It serves two, but I ate them both!
- 1 1/2 cups Homemade Coconut Yogurt, or plain, unsweetened coconut kefir, or goat kefir or yogurt, if tolerated.
- Optional sweetener: 2-4 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 - 2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1 tablespoon raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 2 teaspoons lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nuts, soaked and crisped if possible. (See All About Nuts)
- 1 cup fresh tart mixed berries that are naturally low in sugars, unsweetened, such as blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, raspberries, elderberries, gooseberries, black currants, or wild strawberries
- Whisk the kefir, optional sweetener, lime juice, and vanilla.
- Wash the berries and drain well. Then sprinkle a layer of berries into the bottom of 2 tall glasses.
- Add a layer of nuts.
- Cover with a layer of kefir.
- Repeat with another layer of each: berries, nuts, and kefir.
- Top with berries, nuts.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves if you have them. Enjoy!