When you’re reaching for a cookie – quick, eat this instead! In 1 minute flat, you’ll be treating your taste buds and your body to a healthy anti-oxidant nutritional lift. This mousse won’t raise blood sugar or cause weight gain, if you use one of the suggested non-glycemic sweeteners. Just 5 ingredients and a blender is all you need to experience bliss. OF COURSE I ate the WHOLE THING! This recipe is one of my quick snacks to serve your body and your refined palate too!
Blackberries contain potent anti-oxidant polyphenols such as anthocyanin. They are said to increase brain function, reduce inflammation, boost immunity, promote healthy skin, and regulate hormone function. I rather enjoy blackberry seeds between my teeth, however my superblender Blentec liquefied the seeds completely. Some blenders do not – this will depend on your blender. Serves one.
- 6 ounces blackberries.
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) cashews, or 75 grams softened coconut butter (1/3 cup). Mine were salted.
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk, or Coconut Milk Powder mixed with 1/4 cup water.
- Optional sweetener such as 2 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or Swerve sweetener, or 1 teaspoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1 tablespoon raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- Optional - 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
- Optional - zest of 1/2 orange or 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Throw everything into any smallish blender and blend until smooth. There may be a few lumps. I enjoyed them! Add a teeny bit more liquid if needed to blend.