The simplest and quickest power-breakfast you can make. Chia seeds are a perfectly balanced superfood, high in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber. In fact, the word “chia” means “strength” in the Mayan language. Chia tapioca tastes yummy with coconut milk and fruit. Stir the chia seeds into your milk. Allow them to soak and expand while you’re getting dressed. Your delicious breakfast will be ready in 15 minutes. Top with fruit and enjoy. This is very tasty with your favorite Homemade Nut Milk, such as Brazil Nut Milk, Cashew Milk, or Almond Milk. You can use either white or black chia seeds – I used white chia seeds, which look like old-fashioned tapioca pudding. When you layer with fruit, you’ll have a beautiful breakfast parfait. Serves 1.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds, white or black
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk or your favorite nut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- a sprinkle of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Optional sweetener to taste: I suggest 1-2 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or a bit of raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 3/4 cup low-sugar fruit such as raspberries, blueberries, kiwi, strawberry, Granny Smith apple.
- In a cereal bowl, stir together the chia seeds, alternative milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sweetener, if using. Let it sit for 15 minutes or overnight, and the chia seeds will expand, soften, and absorb the liquid.
- Top with your favorite fruit. Or you can layer the pudding and fruit alternately in a tall glass. Enjoy!
No Replies to "Chia Tapioca with Fruit Power Breakfast"