A delicious invigorating tea, these rich spices will stimulate you to full brain awareness. This Golden Milk is specifically formulated to wake you up and optimize the absorption of turmeric in your body. Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is difficult for the body to assimilate, and sadly most people absorb very little of the turmeric they consume.
To fully benefit from curcumin, you need to include these four elements in Golden Milk: Heat increases the solubility of curcumin. Fat in coconut oil boosts absorption. Quercetin-rich foods, such as black tea, help maximize the absorption of curcumin. And black pepper helps to boost curcumin flow into the blood. Enjoy the yummy flavor! Serves one.
- 1 cups any alternative milk. See My homemade nut milks recipes
- 1 cup black tea
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each: ginger, cinnamon, cardamom
- Optional pinch each: cloves, anise, nutmeg, cayenne
- Add all ingredients in a saucepan: milk, tea, coconut oil, turmeric, black pepper, and spices
- Heat until steamy but not boiling.
- Whiz with an immersion blender until creamy and frothy. Pour into a 16 oz mug. Enjoy!