Homemade apple butter tastes fantastic on toast or pancakes! This creamy butter is ridiculously easy to make – just blend and enjoy with toasted Flourless Blender Bread or any of my other healthy breads. The secret to it’s luscious flavor and thick texture is pure coconut butter. Sadly, commercial jams contain sugars, GMO’s and pesticides. They’ll never match the tempting flavor of this healthy spread! Look for organic non-GMO apples that are low in sugar, such as Pink Lady, Fuji or Granny Smith. I like to include the peels as they contain essential phyto-nutrients. Makes 1 cup apple butter.
Instant Apple Butter
- 1 tart apple such as Fuji, Pink Lady, or Granny Smith in 1/2-inch chunks, including the peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch unprocessed salt
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened but not hot (soften it in a bowl of warm water, or in a warm oven)
- A tiny bit of lukewarm water if needed to blend.
- In a small blender or food processor, add the apple, cinnamon, salt, honey, and water. Process until smooth.
- Add the coconut butter, and blend again. If necessary, add more water a bit at a time until it mixes freely. If the temperatures of coconut butter and other ingredients differ, it may tend to separate. If this happens, just keep processing until smooth. A super-blender is best, but any blender or food processor will work. Serve!
©Copyright Jane Barthelemy 2012
No Replies to "Instant Apple Honey Butter"