With only 5 ingredients, these super-easy fudgesicles hit the spot today! No guilt, no sugar rush or weight gain from these low-carb babies. Just pure joy! Yes, they’re Paleo, vegan, free of dairy, gluten, tree-nuts and sugar. Hooray! Did you know that pure 100% chocolate is the #1 highest anti-oxidant food on the planet? I used slightly softened 100% baking chocolate to minimize sugar content and give a thick, creamy texture. Wild blueberries are a potent anti-oxidant anti-inflammatory that can prevent the onset of metabolic syndrome, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s. Good stuff.
Be aware that pure 100% baking chocolate comes in a varying qualities. The cheapest brands are from low quality trees, so the beans are bitter, and your fudgsicles will require more sweetener. The best 100% chocolate comes from selected cacao trees such as Trinitario or top quality Criollo beans. Most commercial varieties are a mixture. Let your taste buds be your guide. In general you get what you pay for. Makes 8 4-ounce chocolate popsicles. Enjoy!
- - 1 can full-fat coconut milk such as Edwards & Sons 13.5 ounce Organic Original (Coconut milk in a carton is too thin and will not work)
- - 2 ounces 100% baking chocolate, slightly softened in a pan on the stove or in the oven. I like TCHO Chocolate Critters 99%, available in most healthy groceries, or Pascha Chocolate Chips 100% unsweetened, or my favorite Pralus Le 100% Bar, available online.
- - 1/4 cup sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or Swerve sweetener, or 2 teaspoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 3 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- - 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- - 1/2 cup wild blueberries, frozen of possible.
- - Optional - 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Use a popsicle mold for 8 popsicles 4 ounces each. In any blender add coconut milk, chocolate, sweetener, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Place 2 teaspoons wild blueberries in the bottom of each mold. Pour the blended mixture over them to fill each mold. (If you have wooden sticks, set timer for 30 minutes. When it rings place sticks into semi-frozen popsicles)
- Freeze for 2 hours. Enjoy!