With only 5 ingredients, this instant herb butter packs more freshness and flavor than any store-bought concoction. It’s incredibly quick – just throw everything into a blender and WHIZ! Tastes fantastic on my Flourless Almond Blender Bread, or veggies, asparagus, etc… Yay! Put it on everything! Hint: This is so alive it will open your eyes wide with raw garlic and fresh herbs. Made with healthy olive and coconut oils, the recipe is similar to my dairy-free Vegan Butter, a staple in my freezer. Except I prefer this herb butter – it’s way tastier, and you get your veggies too! Store this herb butter in the refrigerator up to 5 days, or freeze up to 3 months. You can also pour it into an ice cube tray after blending to make serving-size cubes. Once frozen, transfer to a bag for easy storage. Ha Ha! Makes about 1 1/4 cups herb butter. Yummy!
BTW, commercial herb butters are a shocking melange of GMO’s, pesticides, and industrial nonsense. For example, the top-rated Land O Lakes Signature Garlic and Herb Blend Butter ingredients are: GMO-fed Dairy Cream, Water, GMO Canola Oil, Garlic Powder, Garlic powder, Salt, GMO Cornstarch, Onion Powder, Guar Gum, Citric Acid, Parsley, and Potassium Sorbate preservative. Yikes! Why not use fresh herbs?
Instant herb butter with healthy oils and fresh greens is…. IRRESISTIBLE!
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot (Coconut oil melts at 78 °F)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- large handful mixed herbs such as parsley, dill, green onion, garlic, tarragon, etc.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- (Optional - 1 tablespoon flax oil, for an Omega-3 boost!)
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend until herbs are chopped quite small, to your liking. Pour into a ramekin or any container. You can enjoy it right now, however it will be thicker and more spreadable after chilling for 3 hours. Serve.