With only 5 ingredients, this instant herb butter packs more flavor than any store-bought concoction. Made with healthy oils, it’s incredibly quick – just throw things into a blender and WHIZ! Tastes fantastic on my Flourless Almond Blender Bread, or eggs, green beans, asparagus, etc… Oh yeah! Put it on everything! This recipe is similar to my dairy-free Vegan Butter, a staple in my freezer. Except I like this better – it’s way tastier, and I get my organic veggies too! Store your herb butter in the refrigerator up to 5 days, or freeze up to 3 months. You can also pour it into an ice cube tray after blending to freeze in serving-size cubes. Once frozen, transfer to a bag for easy storage. Ha Ha! Makes about 1 1/4 cups herb butter. Yummy!
BTW, commercial herb butters are a shocking melange of GMO’s, pesticides, and other toxins. For example, the top-rated Land O Lakes Signature Garlic and Herb Blend Butter ingredients are: GMO-fed Cream, Water, GMO Canola Oil, Garlic Powder, Garlic, Salt, GMO Cornstarch, Onion Powder, Guar Gum, Citric Acid, Parsley, and Potassium Sorbate preservative. Yikes!
Instant herb butter with healthy oils and fresh greens is…. IRRESISTIBLE!
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot (Coconut oil melts at 78 °F)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- large handful mixed herbs such as parsley, dill, green onion, garlic, tarragon, etc.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- (Optional - 1 tablespoon flax oil, for an Omega-3 boost!)
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend until herbs are chopped quite small, to your liking. Pour into a ramekin or any container. You can enjoy it right now, however it will be thicker and more spreadable after chilling for 3 hours. Serve.