This uplifting beverage beats coffee hands down! Cacao is a top anti-oxidant that detoxes body chemistry and uplifts the spirit any time of day. It’s an ideal antidote to modern bio-warfare. These days we need to bolster our immunity and resilience more than ever. Pure cacao is your friend, if it contains no sugar. Cacao is a medicine, non- addictive, and has no negative side effects for most people. Chocolate contains a bit of caffeine, but far less than coffee.
When you creatively mix cacao tea with detox spices and supplements – Ooooh! You effectively create your own daily detox tonic to boost your immune system and stay above any storm. This is the kind of feelgood brew that stabilizes me and reminds me of what’s good in life. As I breathe, I sense exotic perfumed steam rising from a cup of pure hot goodness. One sip at a time, mindfully, one step at a time, I can arrive at my destination.
What are the Beneficial Chemicals in Cacao? A sweet gift of Nature.
1. Serotonin: A neurotransmitter commonly known as the “feel-good chemical.”
2. Phenylethylamine: Known as “the love chemical” for a giddy excitement that makes one feel happy.
3. Anandamide: is a neurotransmitter found naturally in cacao that produces a gentle feeling of euphoria. In Sanskrit, Ananda literally means “bliss”.
4. Theobromine: is a vasodilator. It relaxes smooth muscle and enhances blood flow and oxygen to the brain, plus long-term antioxidant properties.
5. Magnesium: helps increase energy, calm nerves, aid digestion, and relieve muscle aches and pains.
Coffee Depletes Your Immune System
Coffee gives a quick spurt of energy, but then we need more. And more. So it is addictive. Meanwhile, coffee slowly steals away your essence. How is that possible? In Chinese medicine, the Kidney is the FIRST organ, which stores Jing, our congenital & acquired essence. The Kidney supplies Jing to all organs. It generates your generosity, creativity, desire, and sexual libido. The Kidney rules the bones, spine, and bone marrow. It rules the ears and hearing. The kidney generates the brain and nervous system. The Kidney controls hair and graying of hair. It rules the knees. The Kidney provides digestive fire to warm to the Heart.
High coffee consumption damages Kidney Qi, which leads to to low creativity, libido, and incontinence. The Kidney generates fear in the body, which is an awareness danger. Think about it. Quit your coffee, and you’ll notice your level of fear drops!
This Spiced Cacao came to me as an inspiration on a trip to Santa Lucia in the Caribbean many years ago. In that beautiful place, almost everyone starts their day with a hot cup of cacao brew. I started adding spices, essential oils, supplements, and it really gives me a boost every day.
This beverage is almost too easy.
Do you have cacao powder on hand? Do you have a French press, reusable tea bag, or coffee filter? Great! You’re all set to be creative.
- 3 teaspoons cacao powder, organic, unsweetened, organic, preferably raw.
- 1 cup boiling filtered water.
- A filter, fine gauge French press or reusable tea bag. Scroll down for a few choices.
- Optional Detox Spices such as Ginger, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Cayenne, Nutmeg, Clove, Cardamom, Black pepper, Star anise, Pine needle tea, St John’s wort, Ginseng, etc…
- Optional Essential oils, Anti-oxidants, Supplements, such as Green tea, Dandelion leaf, Pomegranate powder, Moringa, Maca. Coconut oil, Rose, Bee pollen, Reishi, Mushroom extract, Milk thistle, Boswellia serrata (frankincense), Mint, whatever you enjoy…. Hey! You’re the chef!
- Optional sweetener: healthy PureLo Lo-Han Sweetener by Swanson. because it’s non-toxic and zero glycemic.
(But it’s quite unnecessary. We like the taste of bitter coffee, so why not bitter cacao?)
Directions: It’s so easy!
- Place 2 teaspoons organic cacao powder in a filter or small French press.
- Add optional spices and supplements.
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over it, and let it sit for a minute or two.
Optional gadgets to consider:
- Make sure your filter is a fine mesh, because cacao powder and spices are very fine.
- A small fine-mesh French Press.
- Reusable 1-cup filters, such as:
Vitelle Stainless Steel Pour Over Coffee Cone Dripper with Cup Stand – Paperless and Reusable – Ultra Fine Micro Mesh Filter
Primula Brew Buddy Portable Pour Over, Reusable Fine Mesh Filter, Dishwasher Safe, Single Cup of Coffee or Tea at Any Strength
Finum Coffee Sprinter Pour Over Brewing Filter with Micro-Fine Stainless Steel Mesh, For a Single Cup, Black
Tea Filter Bags, 50 Pack Housim Reusable Cotton Tea Bags Empty Unbleached
I’m using Cacao Powder because it’s easiest for me.
If you’re willing to order cacao online, here are a few Cacao Brew Vendors to consider:
2 Replies to "Instant Cacao Spiced Detox Tea!"
Nadia May 27, 2022 (7:54 pm)
Is it two or three teaspoons of cocoa?
Jane Barthelemy May 28, 2022 (4:39 am)
Hi Nadia, I did 2 teaspoons the first time, and then decided I wanted it stronger and darker. So then I used 3 teaspoons, as I like the intensity. It sort of depends on how porous is your tea bag, or if you’re using a French press. I’d start with 2 and move up if it’s too weak for your taste. Best wishes! Jane