It’s a Green Bliss Smoothie! Imagine a creamy young coconut milkshake. Now add smooth avocado and uplifting matcha green tea. Then put in a handful of refreshing mint leaves and some lemon or lime juice. Now add a few Chlor-Oxygen green drops for energy. And blend. The result is indescribable green bliss! Did you know that fresh coconut water contains more electrolytes than most sports drinks? That’s why it’s great for athletes, men, women, and people of all ages. Even better, young coconut water is unprocessed, toxin-free, and similar to blood plasma. Young coconuts contain B vitamins (for the nervous system), calcium (for bones), magnesium (for the heart) and potassium (for muscles). Matcha green tea powder is a potent superfood with polyphenols and anti-oxidants that boost brain function, mental clarity, and the immune system. Top quality Ceremonial Grade Matcha, is the least bitter. Culinary Matcha is also excellent.
I added Vegan Coconut Milk Powder for extra richness, however it is optional. (If you live in Santa Fe, you can find it at Natural Grocers or the Coop on Alameda.) This blended mousse won’t cause a blood sugar spike or weight gain if you use one of the suggested non-glycemic sweeteners. Any blender will do the job if you don’t mind a few lumps. However a superblender (such as a BlendTec or VitaMix) will make it perfectly smooth. Garnish with raw unsweetened cacao nibs, if you like.
Opening a young coconut used to be a challenging task, but now that I have my new Coco Jack tool, it’s a breeze! The first video shows how to use the Coco Jack tool, an ingenious new device that makes opening a coconut safe and quick. The second video shows how to open it with a knife. Serves 2
Coco Jack step 1: Position the tool and hammer over the center of a young coconut.
Coco Jack step 2: Whack it real good a few times, driving the tool into the top of the coconut.
Coco Jack step 3: Lift the tool up and the coconut “cap” will open! I’m going to do this a LOT!
- 1 young coconut with all the liquid
- 3 tablespoons sweetener to taste, such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 3 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener, or 1 1/2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon premium matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 6 drops ChlorOxygen
- 1/4 cup powdered coconut milk (optional)
- Raw, unsweetened cacao nibs to garnish
- Open the young coconut. Pour off the coconut water into the blender. Scrape out the white meat into the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add all remaining ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses. Garnish with raw cacao nibs if you like. Yummmm!