Blackberries taste divine with chocolate. This is a luscious and sinfully delicious treat that looks decadent, but isn’t. Instead this smooth and creamy tart is loaded with superfoods and high anti-oxidant nutrition such as blackberries, avocado, and pure cacao. Lemon and pomegranate powder give it a refreshing, vitalizing flavor. You’ll need a total of 2 cups blackberries – 1 for the filling and 1 for the easy sauce – oh, don’t forget the sauce! If you don’t have a scale, you can measure the coconut butter by softening it – put the jar in a bowl of warm water. Freeze leftovers in portions, so you can enjoy a bit when you need a pick-me-up. Equipment: For the crust, a processor works best. For the filling and sauce either a blender or a food processor are good. Yield: a large 9-inch tart with one cup sauce to drizzle. Serves 12.
- 1 3/4 cups almonds, soaked and toasted if possible. See All About Nuts
- 2-inches fresh ginger, diced
- 1/4 cup Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 3 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- Zest of one orange (optional)
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 can thick full-fat coconut milk, such as Native Forest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Sweeten to taste, about 1 cup Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 1/2 tablespoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2/3 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 cup blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Coconut butter 170 grams if hard, 3/4 cup if soft
- 5 tablespoons pure unsweetened cacao powder, or cocoa
- 1/4 cup of your favorite protein powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Pomegranate powder (optional)
- 1 cup blackberries
- 3 tablespoons sweetener
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash vanilla
- Get out a 9-inch round pan, preferably springform with removable bottom.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients for the crust, and process until it is gummy. Press evenly into the pan and chill.
- In a blender or food processor, add the coconut milk, lemon juice, sweetener, blackberries, avocado, coconut oil, and vanilla. Process well until smooth, creamy, and the blackberry seeds are as liquefied as possible.
- Add the coconut butter, and mix again until smooth and creamy with no lumps
- Add the cacao powder, optional pomegranate powder, and protein powder, if using. Blend again very well. Taste the filling and add more sweetener if desired.
- Pour it into the chilled crust and chill 4-6 hours to thicken. To speed up thickening, put it in the freezer for 1/2 hour. But no longer, or it will freeze hard and you won’t be able to cut it.
- In a small blender, immersion blender, or food processor, add all the sauce ingredients. Mix well and pour into a small pitcher with spout.
- To serve, remove the tart from the pan onto a plate. Drizzle with blackberry sauce. Cut into pieces and enjoy.
“Forget love – I’d rather fall in chocolate!” Sandra J. Dykes