This refreshing relish adds zingy flavor and vibrant color to any meal. It takes 5 minutes to prepare and 1-2 weeks to ferment. When it’s ready, every bite feeds your healthy micro-biome. Carrot, mango, and fresh ginger root combine well with many dishes, like Sweet Potato Hash for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Store your fermented veggies in the refrigerator up to 4 weeks, and serve with any meal to boost to your intestinal health! Yield: 2 cups.
Fermented Mango Carrot Relish
- 2 carrots, grated medium to fine
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2-inches fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid from another batch of fermented food (optional)
- Filtered water to cover (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a clean wide-mouth pint jar. Cover, and leave it in a slightly warm spot in the kitchen. (I set it on the shelf above the stove.)
- Open it to taste in 1 week and repeat every day or so using a clean spoon, until the taste suits you. You can ferment it up to 2 weeks, and the flavor will increase in vibrancy over time. Whenever the taste suits you, refrigerate and enjoy!
©Copyright Jane Barthelemy 2012
No Replies to "Fermented Mango Carrot Relish"