Packed with luscious nutrition from fresh berries and almonds, this breakfast looks complicated but isn’t. If you have a blender or food processor, in 5-minutes your high-anti-oxidant meal can be ready! Powerful compounds in berries such as anthocyanins, quercetin, and vitamin C help to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress from free radicals. Almonds are an important source of protein and fiber, while being naturally low in sugar. You’ll need a food processor, small blender, or immersion blender with cup. Serves one. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, or a bit more if needed to blend
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) coconut butter, softened (place the container in a bowl of warm water)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- A dash of vanilla
- About 3 tablespoons sweetener such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 1/2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 3/4 cup tart berries such as blueberries, raspberries,strawberries, gooseberries
- 1/4 cup almonds, soaked and toasted if possible
- Blend all ingredients except the berries and almonds in a food processor, high-speed blender small jar, or immersion blender with cup.
- Layer the lemon mousse in a tall glass with toasted almonds and tart berries. Enjoy!