This creamy Golden Milk will boost your entire immune system. Turmeric and Matcha Green Tea are a dynamic superfood duo, if you don’t mind the pea green color. We know about turmeric health benefits and everybody’s going crazy for Golden Milks. However curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is difficult for the body to absorb. Very few people understand how to prepare Golden Milk to insure absorption. Sadly, the Golden Milk you’re drinking may not benefit you at all. Turmeric can dissolve inflammation and pain. It’s a powerful anti-inflammatory that destroys cancer cells and helps keep all the organs in balance – if it is absorbed
Here are four secrets to maximizing the benefits of turmeric:
- ALWAYS use full fat milk. Some fat is essential.
- Heat your drink. The heat is important for curcumin assimilation.
- Add some black pepper, which also boosts curcumin absorption
- Eat turmeric with quercetin-rich foods, such as green tea, black tea, carob or cocoa powder.
Matcha green tea powder is a potent anti-oxidant and a time-honored tradition in Japan. It’s a rich source of polyphenols and anti-oxidant catechins that improve brain function, bring mental clarity. vitamin A, B-complex, C, E, K, minerals, and amino acids. Where to find the best Matcha powder? I suggest top quality Ceremonial Grade Matcha will be the least bitter. Culinary Quality Matcha is also excellent. All matcha has a little bitterness, which you can soothe with your favorite sweetener. It’s optional.
I suggest heating all the ingredients in a saucepan – it just takes a minute. Microwaving will nuke your wonderful superfood nutrients to smithereens. Makes a 16-ounce beverage. Serves one.
- 2 cups coconut milk, or your favorite 'milk'. (Or use 1 cup milk and 1 cup filtered water)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Organic Matcha powder, Ceremonial or Culinary grade.
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Optional sweetener to taste such as 1 tablespoon Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1/2 teaspoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1/2 tablespoon raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- Heat all ingredients in a saucepan until steamy. (Don't boil or coconut milk might separate)
- Whisk or immersion blend until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into a 16 oz cup and enjoy.
No Replies to "Matcha Green Tea Golden Milk"