Matcha green tea powder is a potent superfood with 137 times more antioxidants than brewed green tea. Matcha’s antioxidants are called catechins, which are powerful disease-busters that exist in no other food. Avocado makes these bars rich and creamy. Coconut butter makes them totally irresistible! I suggest my Chocolate Brazil Nut Crust, however any raw crust will work.
Matcha tastes just like green tea. The difference is that one teaspoon of matcha is equal to the nutrients in 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea. The quality of your Matcha is important, as some varieties can have a slightly bitter taste. Another superfood in these bars is Maca root, an adaptogen from the Andes that brings hormone balance, immune system boost, increased energy, stamina, better brain function, ability to concentrate, oh and increased sexuality in both men and women. Give me some of that! Keep these bars chilled so they’ll hold their shape and not get too soft. Freeze leftover bars for an nice anti-oxidant boost whenever you need one. This recipe makes one 9 x 9 pan or an 8 x 11 tart pan, or about 36 squares depending on how you cut them. You can also use a 9 or 10-inch round pan.
Powdered matcha tea is a potent source of antioxidants which defend the body to prevent aging and disease.
Pour the filling into your crust and smooth flat. Chill 3-4 hours to thicken. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk from the top of the can, as thick as possible, such as Native Forest Organic Full-fat coconut milk, or Native Forest Simple Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon premium grade Matcha green tea powder
- 1 tablespoon raw Maca powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Bee pollen, optional
- Sweeten to taste with about 2/3 cup Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 5 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 1/2 cup raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 3/4 cup if soft, or 170 grams if hard coconut butter
- 2-3 large, ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 21 drops pure ChlorOxygen
- Handful Hemp hearts for garnish, optional
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and process well until liquefied and smooth. I used a BlendTec Superblender, which makes it smooth in a jiffy.
- Taste the mixture and add more sweetener if needed. Pour into the crust, smooth flat, and chill 3 hours or overnight to thicken. You can freeze for quicker thickening, but remember to take it out 1/2 hour before serving so you’ll be able to cut it. Remove from refrigerator to a cutting board. Cut into about 36 pieces. Sprinkle with hemp heart if you wish. Keep chilled.