I need chocolate. Yup. Besides, 100% chocolate is the highest anti-oxidant food on the planet, when it contains no sugar. Here’s a fantastic hunt-and-gather Paleo delicacy with 100% pure cacao. It’s also the easiest treat in the world to make! Smooth, creamy, chocolaty, tastier than French “mousse au chocolat” and way healthier! It will give you a pleasant endorphin lift, without any sugar rush or risk of weight gain if you use one of the zero glycemic sweeteners suggested. For best results, and to attain chocolate heaven, please follow this pudding / mousse recipe exactly. You may enjoy it immediately or chill to thicken even more. Equipment needed: Any style blender, or mixer, or food processor. Yield: 4 small servings or 2 large ones.
- 1 (13.5 oz) can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk as thick as possible (Lite coconut milk and coconut milk beverage in a carton will not work, as they are too thin.)
- 6 tablespoons sweetener such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 3 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1/4 cup pure cacao powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (place jar in lukewarm water to melt oil)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch unprocessed salt
- Optional garnish: Instant Coconut Whipped Cream or coconut flakes, or cinnamon, or unsweetened cacao nibs
- Orange: Add the zest of 1/4 orange.
- Mocha: Add 1/2 teaspoon of instant decaffeinated coffee powder or crystals.
- Mayan Spice: Add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne.
- In any style blender, mixer, or food processor, mix together the coconut milk, sweetener, cacao powder, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Taste it and sweeten to taste.
- Pour into four small stem glasses or two large ones.
- Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes, or until firm.
- Garnish with Instant Coconut Whipped Cream or sprinkle with unsweetened coconut, ground cinnamon, or unsweetened cacao nibs.