This easy cauliflower rice is makes a tasty, low-carb breakfast or side dish, that won’t go to your waistline. Make it in just 5 minutes, far quicker and much healthier than rice. Its deep, satisfying flavor tastes something like Cajun dirty rice, except it is milder and nightshade-free, Hooray! Try it with Cruciferous Veggie Stir-fry!
Cauliflower is loaded with nutritional benefits. It’s a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, and pantothenic acid. Nutrient-dense pecans have a delicious nutty flavor when lightly toasted. Even better, they contain over 19 vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin E, folic acid, calcium, and magnesium. Serves 2.
- 1/2 head raw cauliflower
- 1/4 cup boiling filtered water, or a bit more if needed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, soaked and toasted if possible (See All About Nuts)
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon unprocessed salt to taste
- Quite a bit of black pepper
- To rice the cauliflower, cut into florets. Place in a food processor and process with the "S" blade until even rice-sized pieces. Don't process it too long or it will be mush.
- Place riced cauliflower into a saucepan with all the other ingredients: boiling water, cumin, oil, nuts, coconut aminos, salt and pepper. Heat over medium low heat 2-3 minutes until heated all the way through, and the cauliflower is pleasantly soft like rice. Stir occasionally to keep from burning on the bottom. Serve!
No Replies to "Nutty Cauliflower Rice"