Want an easy 5-minute dessert or treat with rapturous flavor that will make you swoon? Zabaglione is a smooth Italian delicacy made with heavy cream. Instead I’ve used coconut milk and coconut butter to make it lusciously thick and dairy-free. Orange and peaches taste delightful together. This is gluten-free and Paleo with almost no carbs, so it won’t cause weight gain or spike your blood sugar like ordinary sweets. Egg yolks are optional, so if you’re doing a vegan diet, you can skip them. Just blend and enjoy! Serves 4.
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk from the top of the can, such as Native Forest organic Full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup or 57 grams coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest of one organic orange
- Pulp of the orange, peeled, sliced, and seeded
- 2 raw egg yolks (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 1/2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 2 ripe peaches, cut into small pieces
- Place all the Zabaglione ingredients into any blender or food processor. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Put cut peaches in the bottom of 4 dessert cups.
- Pour the blended mixture over the peaches. Garnish with orange zest or mint leaves. Serve immediately or chilled.