This creamy mélange is one of the best recipes ever to come out of my kitchen. There are so many uses for this luscious spread – starting with Thanksgiving dinner! It tastes tempting on biscuits, hot rolls, apple muffins, even pancakes. Try it on meat dishes like chicken, or pork. Pretty soon, you’ll be putting it on everything – making Chocolate Oreo Sandwiches with Pumpkin Honey Butter, and using it as a topping on ice cream! How about a Pumpkin Honey Milkshake, or luscious Pumpkin Honey Caramel Chai? It’s up to you.
I’ve always considered honey to be a truly sacred food, because it adds pure delight to everything. However I use it rarely because of it’s high-glycemic qualities. Fortunately there are exceptions to every rule, and this is one of those cases! Easy to make, you’ll need a food processor or super-blender such as the BlendTec or VitaMix. Have all ingredients at room temperature or close to it to avoid temperature shock and separation of oils. Oh, and when you exhaust the flavor possibilities for pumpkin, this recipe also tastes delicious made with sweet potato, rutabaga, or squash. Let me know what happens! Yield: 1 cup pumpkin honey butter.
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin puree (200 g)
- 1/3 cup coconut butter (75 g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or grass-fed butter)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey to taste. Or a zero-glycemic alternative such as 2 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 teaspoon PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson.
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- Place all ingredients at room temperature in a food processor or super-blender. Mix very well until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a serving bowl and eat.
“Be like a child every day. Nothing is impossible…” – Eckhardt Tolle