Here’s an easy dip that’s bursting with flavor and nutrients. It tastes vibrant and alive, like a fresh pesto. Life force in food is not easy to measure, however we all know instinctively that fresh foods have lots of Qi and processed foods do not. So freshly harvested veggies, meats, and nuts are rich in life force. On the other hand, processed, heat treated, canned, frozen, refined, chemically sprayed, and GMO foods are lower in nutrients and life force. Many of the foods on our grocery shelves have little or no life force at all. Most packaged foods have been treated in some way that damages nutrients in the ingredients. I sometimes wonder why we waste money on them? However this delicious spinach dip is exploding with life! I love crunchy chips, but now I’m skipping processed snacks and crackers. Instead I prefer colorful sliced veggies with my dips, such as crunchy turnip, broccoli, carrot, cucumber, or yellow beet. To make this dip, just put everything in the food processor, whiz, and it’s ready in seconds – tastier and quicker than anything packaged.
Hint: This recipe is super-flexible. You can change it in so many ways with yummy ingredients like basil, cilantro, turmeric, parsley, avocado, watercress, or whatever suits your fancy. Ha! I love fresh spinach because it is loaded with vitamin K, a nutrient that many of us are lacking. It’s also high vitamin A, manganese, and iron. Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Even better, they’re a brain food, and may improve sperm health in men. So forget boring packaged foods and whip up a fresh veggie snack alive with flavor and nutrients! Makes about 1 cup dip.
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups fresh organic spinach leaves - packed tight
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked and toasted if possible (See All About Nuts)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon unprocessed salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast (optional for a cheese flavor)
- This recipe is super-flexible. You can change it in so many ways with yummy ingredients like basil, cilantro, turmeric, parsley, avocado, watercress, or whatever suits your fancy.
- Start running a food processor with the "S" blade, and drop the garlic down the chute. Instant diced garlic!
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Serve with sliced veggie rounds and sticks.