This 5-minute dip is bursting with flavor and nutrients. Like a fresh pesto, it tastes zingy and alive. We can’t measure LIFE FORCE in food. However we know instinctively that fresh alkaline foods have lots of healthy Qi, and processed foods do NOT. So garden-fresh foods are far higher in life force.
This delicious spinach pesto is exploding with life! To make the dip, just put everything in the food processor, whiz, and it’s ready in moments! I love crunchy chips, but these days I’m into colorful sliced veggies, like crisp turnip, broccoli, carrot, cucumber, and yellow beet.
Hint: This recipe is super-flexible. You can change it in so many ways with fresh yummy ingredients like basil, cilantro, turmeric, parsley, watercress, or whatever suits your fancy. Ha! I love fresh spinach because it is loaded with vitamin K, a nutrient that many of us are lacking. It’s also high vitamin A, manganese, and iron. Avocados are also rich in Vitamin K, Vitamin C, and Potassium. Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. These are said to be brain foods, and may improve sperm health in men. So forget boring packaged foods and whip up a fresh veggie snack! Makes about 1 1/2 cups dip.
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 2 cups fresh organic spinach leaves - packed tight
- 1/2 cup walnuts, soaked and toasted if possible (See All About Nuts)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon unprocessed salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast (optional for a cheese flavor)
- This recipe is super-flexible. You can change it in so many ways with yummy ingredients like basil, cilantro, turmeric, parsley, watercress, or whatever suits your fancy.
- Start running a food processor with the "S" blade, and drop the garlic down the chute. Instant diced garlic!
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Serve with sliced veggie rounds and sticks.