When I have only 2 minutes for a healthy breakfast, I go for a smoothie. This is a favorite because pear and ginger taste fabulicious together! It takes just 5 ingredients – plus any optional super foods you’d like to add. I drink it in the car, and it keeps me going with stable energy for several hours. Use any blender. Serves 2
Pear Ginger Smoothie
- 1 cup water
- Large handful baby spinach
- 1 whole pear, cored, in chunks
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root, or up to 1 inch to taste, chopped
- 2 tablespoons your favorite green powder. I used Vitamineral Green
- Large scoop (1/4 cup) your favorite protein powder (I used Bluebonnet Whey Protein Isolate Original Unsweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 3 tablespoons hemp nuts
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 2 teaspoons bee pollen
- 1 dropper of ChlorOxygen
- 1/2 lemon or lime, seeded and peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried schisandra berries (a potent Chinese adaptogenic berry)
Optional Superfood Additions:
- Place all ingredients into any blender. Add any optional superfoods desired.
- Blend well until completely liquefied. Enjoy!
©Copyright Jane Barthelemy 2012
No Replies to "Pear Ginger Smoothie"