Whew! My senses are still vibrating from the deep flavor and nutrition in the glass I just downed. Raspberries are a refreshing low-sugar fruit that’s loaded with antioxidant flavonoids, anti-inflammatory ellagic acid, plus Vitamins C and K (that’s the one most of us are needing!). Studies show that organic raspberries are significantly higher in antioxidants than non-organic raspberries, and that ripe raspberries provide more antioxidant nutrition. Beets are a powerful food for heart health, improving circulation and protecting blood pressure. They’re also anti-inflammatory protection from cancer. This was my breakfast today, however it would also be a fabulous snack any time of day. Play with this recipe to your taste – there are so many possibilities! You need a pretty good blender. Serves 2.
- 1 package 6 oz. raspberries, fresh, or frozen and thawed
- 1 can (13.5 oz) unsweetened coconut milk such as Native Forest organic Full-fat coconut milk
- 1 lime, peeled, in chunks
- 1/2 fresh medium beet, grated or in coarse chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- Dash vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 3 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 pack unsweetened Acai Berry Puree, optional (Find it online or in the frozen section of some healthy groceries)
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate powder
- Place the raspberries and coconut milk in the blender and blend well. If your blender can liquefy the seeds, you're lucky. If not you can either enjoy the seeds, or strain the liquid thru a sieve to remove them. Add the remaining ingredients, and blend well until smooth and creamy.