Need a quick and easy dessert for the holidays? This is your luscious ticket. My guests went crazy for this easy raw Paleo mousse. A last minute substitution, as a friend who was to bring pumpkin pie had to cancel, it was no problem! Blended with pumpkin, coconut milk and coconut butter, it’s free of dairy and eggs. Every dietary persuasion will love this vegan pudding. Just blend and serve. Pumpkin pudding tastes delicious with Crispy Spiced Pecans, however any crispy nuts will do, or just cinnamon on top. Yield: 2 large servings.
Vegan Pumpkin Pudding with Spiced Pecans
- 1 5.4 oz can thick full-fat coconut milk such as Native Forest organic Coconut Cream Premium 5.4 oz, or equivalent
- 1/4 cup or 57 grams coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Zest of one organic orange
- 3 tablespoons sweetener to taste such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 1 1/2 teaspoons PureLo Lo Han Sweetener by Swanson, or 2 tablespoons raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin or squash
- 1/2 cup Crispy Spiced Pecans or toasted nuts.
- Place all the pudding ingredients into any blender or food processor. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Put a few nuts in the bottom of dessert cups. Pour the blended mixture over. Garnish with Spiced Pecans, nuts, or cinnamon. Serve immediately, or chill to thicken even more.
©Copyright Jane Barthelemy 2012
No Replies to "Vegan Pumpkin Pudding with Spiced Pecans"