Here’s a delicious meal you can make in 5 minutes flat. Salmon with Garlicky Greens is a tasty, nutritious breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s so easy! While the salmon steams for 4 minutes, saute the greens, and serve! Today I used fresh Rapini greens and sunflower sprouts. Use your favorite leafy greens, such as nutrient-dense kale, turnip greens, beet tops, chard, lentil sprouts, etc. For maximum minerals and Omega 3’s, make sure your salmon is wild. This Paleo – Vegan recipe uses a sprinkle of dairy-free “Parmesan cheese” which is simply nutritional yeast and lemon juice. It’s optional and totally yummy. Try it! I think you’ll be pleased. Serves 2.
Steamed Salmon with Garlicky Greens
- 1/2 pound fresh wild salmon
- Olive oil to cover the bottom of a skillet
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, crushed or diced
- 4 large handfuls greens (kale, baby mustard, turnip, chard, sunflower sprouts, etc.), cleaned and cut roughly into 2-inch squares.
- Unprocessed salt and pepper to taste
- 2 -3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon unprocessed salt
"Parmesan Cheese" (optional):
- Place the salmon in a small skillet over medium heat and add 1/4-inch filtered water. Add salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil and then turn down to a very low simmer about 4 minutes, and cover. This will gently steam the salmon while you sauté the greens. When the salmon turns lighter colored, remove from heat and serve over the greens.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and garlic. Cook garlic briefly until it sizzles, but do not allow it to brown (burned garlic tastes bitter). Toss in the greens and stir to distribute the garlic evenly into the leaves. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in nutritional yeast, lemon juice and additional salt, if desired.
- Serve greens with salmon on top. Enjoy!
Steam the Salmon:
Sauté the Greens:
Add Optional "Parmesan Cheese" and Serve:
©Copyright Jane Barthelemy 2012
No Replies to "Wild Salmon with Garlicky Greens"