What could be more wonderful than fresh Blueberry Jam on your Paleo Toast? Here’s a recipe that’s so pure it will refresh you, body and soul. Make it in 15 minutes or less. Blueberries are a fantastic low-carb super-food, high in anti-oxidants. They contain so much natural pectin, that this jam hardly needs any thickener at all. It is thickened with chia seeds, which create a dense, spreadable jam in about 10 minutes. Some people like it very sweet, and some like it “au naturale”. This recipe gives you a range of sweetness so you can sweeten to taste. If you use one of these zero-carb sweeteners, you’ll be giving your blood sugar a break. This jam is fresh and raw, so it should be consumed immediately – which shouldn’t be a problem – it’s so simple and lucious, I can eat it by the spoonful! You’ll need a small size blender or a food processor. Yield: 1 cup jam.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries. Or frozen blueberries very well drained.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Sweeten to taste: 0 to 3 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 0 to 1 1/2 teaspoons zero-carb natural Lo Han Pure, or 0 - 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole chia seeds
- In a small blender or food processor, add the blueberries, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Process until completely liquefied. Sweeten to taste and process again.
- Add the chia seeds, process, and allow them to soak for 10 minutes to soften and absorb the liquid in the blueberries. After 10 minutes, process again very well until it is as smooth as possible. Serve!