In a panic running late, I needed a quick sauce for dinner. This miracle happened, and it’s a winner! Looks and tastes like Italian tomato sauce, except it’s pure fresh veggies you have on hand. Wow! Pour it on Zoodles, Coconut Chicken, or Meatloaf. It’s nightshade free and deeelicious! I love my satisfying No-Tomato Sauce, but it takes time to make. However this convenient, nutritious sauce was ready in 5 minutes. Try it next time you need a healthy sauce quicker than anything you can buy! Makes about 1 1/4 cups sauce.
Blend the veggies, pour into a pan, heat, stir, and serve!
- 1 raw carrot, in small chunks
- 3 tablespoons raw beet, in small chunks
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or smashed
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon unprocessed salt and some pepper
- 1 smallish lemon, peeled, sliced, and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetener such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener, or 2 teaspoons raw honey.
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour, tapioca flour, or comparable thickener.
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional, for an Italian flavor)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, or tarragon. (Add after blending)
- Place all ingredients in blender except the herbs. Blend REALLY well several times until liquefied.
- Adjust the color to red. If it's too pink add more carrot. If it's too orange add a TINY BIT more beet.
- Pour into a shallow pan, add herbs, heat to boiling, stir to thicken. Serve!