In Italy you can ask for “Spaghetti con Burro e Salvia” or “Spaghetti with Butter and Sage”. This Paleo adaptation is even more delicious. Zoodles are a 5-minute veggie – much quicker than spaghetti, gluten-free, and grain-free. The easy herb sauce is melted ghee with your favorite herbs. Grass-fed ghee is packed with nutrients like vitamins A, D, E and K2, as well as beneficial fatty acids CLA and butyric acid. Look for organic zucchini rather than the tasteless GMO varieties. Zucchini noodles are easy with a hand-held vegetable spiralizer. Look for one in stainless steel. Check out Kycen Spiral Slicer, Spiroslicer, Gogogu, and Kitchen Supreme. These Zoodles taste best piping hot right off the stove. Serves 2 people.
- 4 tablespoons organic ghee
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, diced (or basil, parsley, marjoram, tarragon, oregano, or mixed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 medium zucchini
- In a large skillet, melt ghee over low heat. Add herbs, lemon juice, and salt. Add garlic and nutritional yeast if using. Stir to cook for a minute.
- Spiralize the zucchini into the skillet, and stir to coat the zoodles with sauce. Cover and cook for 2 - 4 minutes until zoodles soften to your desired texture. Stir gently every minute or so to allow steam to cook them evenly. Do not add water as moisture in the zoodles will create liquid. Keep your eyes on them and do not overcook or they will be mush. Serve immediately. Buon appetito!