Today my snack du jour was a refreshing 1-minute berry treat. Mmmm… Wild blueberries and oranges appeared in my dreams, and the real one was even better! Of course I ate the whole thing! My food experiments these days are about quick, nutritious foods with very few ingredients. It’s incredibly fun, saves lots of time, and my taste buds are in heaven. Enjoy this mousse as an instant breakfast, dessert, or snack. The texture will be smoother if you soak the cashews first. However I did not do that – Ha Ha! I used my BlendTec superblender and didn’t mind a few lumps. If you have time to soak the cashews first, and chill your creamy mousse before eating, it will be smoother and much thicker.
My love affair with wild blueberries is getting serious. Of course you can always use regular blueberries. Wild blueberries are smaller, tastier, and much higher in anti-oxidant nutrition than their cultivated cousins. They’re hardy, as they grow in very cold climates. That resilience makes them a powerful superfood. Goji berries have been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years to increase vitality, longevity, energy and stamina. They add an intense orange color when blended. This mousse serves one person. (Or 2 in tiny cups.) Try it!
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cashews (Soak 1 hour for creamier texture, but I didn't)
- Zest of one orange. Then the rest of orange - peeled, and seeded
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- (Optional) 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle inside and on top: 1/2 cup wild blueberries
- Place all ingredients except blueberries into any blender. Whiz until smooth. Pour into a glass.
- Layer in the glass with blueberries. Sprinkle blueberries and gojis on top. Enjoy!