These luscious rolled salmon crepes taste so delectable, with a rich, creamy sauce. You can use my easy Paleo Crepes recipe, or prepare them ahead of time and freeze. This recipe is Paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free, made with coconut or almond milk. Make them in 5 steps: prepare the crepes, steam the salmon, heat the cream sauce, fill the crepes, and bake. It sounds like a lot of steps, but each one is quick, and the reward is so worth it! I suggest wild salmon as it is higher in Omega-3’s and lower in toxic chemicals than farmed salmon, which can be fed gmo grains. Makes 12 filled crepes. Serves 6
- 1 recipe Perfect Paleo Crepes (12 crepes)
- 1 pound fresh salmon filets (or frozen and thawed)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 - 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (1 tablespoon if your milk is thick. 2 tablespoons if it is thin)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Unprocessed salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons green onions, diced
- Handful parsley
- Prepare Perfect Paleo Crepes and set aside.
- Place the salmon fillets skin-down in a large skillet with 1/4 inch filtered water. Cover and bring to a boil. Then turn down to very low to allow salmon to steam gently for about 4 minutes. Add a bit more water if it boils dry. Then remove from heat. Remove skin and cut into bite-size pieces no larger than 1/2 inch and set aside.
- Whisk together in a medium saucepan: lemon juice, coconut milk, arrowroot powder, nutritional yeast, and nutmeg. Turn the heat on low and cook until almost boiling, while stirring to allow arrowroot to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the salmon and stir gently.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Get out a 9 x 13-inch baking pan, preferably glass. Grease it generously with coconut oil. On a dry cutting board, place a crepe. Put a few tablespoons of creamed salmon at one side. Roll it gently and place in the baking pan. Use about half of the filling to fill all the crepes. Repeat for all the crepes until you have 2 rows of salmon crepes. Cover with a damp towel and bake for 20 minutes. (I avoid toxic aluminum foil.) Do not over-bake or they tend to dry out.
- Remove from the oven. Pour remaining creamed salmon sauce over the crepes. Garnish with green onions and parsley. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.